hive-user mailing list archives

From Chenbenhua <chenben...@huawei.com>
Subject 答复: REST API for Hive queries?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:27:43 GMT
I agree with Manish Malhotra
You should put an eye on the access speed if you want display the data on an UI application
Push the result data to RDBS may be the best choice.

发件人: Manish Malhotra [mailto:manish.hadoop.work@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2012年12月13日 16:15
收件人: user@hive.apache.org
主题: Re: REST API for Hive queries?

Ideally, push the aggregated data to some RDBMS like MySQL and have REST API or some API to
enable ui to build report or query out of it.

If the use case is ad-hoc query then once that qry is submitted, and result is generated in
batch mode, the REST API can be provided to get the results from HDFS directly.
For this can use WebHDFS or build own which can internally using FileSystem API.

Regards,
Manish

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com<mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com>>