hive-user mailing list archives

From Venkatesh Kavuluri <vkavul...@outlook.com>
Subject Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5 as metastore
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 23:21:52 GMT
I am working on copying existing Hive metadata (Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.1) to a new cluster
environment (Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5). I copied over the metastore tables and modified the
data under SDS (sub-directories) table to reflect the new data path. However I am getting
MySQL integrity constraint violation against SDS.SD_ID column while trying to create new Hive
tables. Is this a problem with the MySQL version I am using ? Does Hive 0.7.1 support MySQL
5.5 as the metastore.
Thanks,Venkatesh