hive-user mailing list archives

From iwannaplay games <funnlearnfork...@gmail.com>
Subject populating xml data in hive
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 07:59:38 GMT
Hi All,

I have a csv file ( separated by |) where data is like

id               data
                                       date
1            apple
                                  24-nov-2011
2            mango
                                26-nov-2011
3            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                 <a>fruits</a>
                                28-nov-2011
4             papaya
                                 30-nov-2011

Since id=3 has new line in data field hive  takes only first
line and treats second line as different row.I want my full xml field
to be taken inside data in hive table .

it seems hive doesnt support            lines terminated by '|'

How to treat xml data in hive

Thanks & Regards
Prabhjot