hive-user mailing list archives

From Barak Yaish <>
Subject JDOFatalInternalException: Error creating transactional connection factory
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 21:22:50 GMT

I’ve 2 nodes cluster of hadoop 1.0.4, and I’m trying making hive 0.90.0
works with it, so far no good. I was following the instructions listed here, but when
trying to run any command in the shell, I’m getting:

FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Error
creating transactional connection factory

I didn’t change the default hive configuration, so I guess its working with
derby as metastore, and derby jar found in lib.

Can you please suggest ways to troubleshot this issue?

View raw message