hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is Hive support TTL(time to live) now ?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:07:42 GMT
their is a table level property retention it does not do anything but you
can write a program to sweep through the metastore and take action based on
that or other custom properties.

On Thursday, November 29, 2012, Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com> wrote:
> hive will not delete anything unless you ask for it
> if your tables are on hdfs tmp folder, hadoop will wipe them off if you
dont use them for the tmp time period. If you want to delete data from
tables or complete tables, you will need to schedule crons or look at few
workflow engines