hive-user mailing list archives

From "Connell, Chuck" <Chuck.Conn...@nuance.com>
Subject RE: Starting with Hive - writing custom SerDe
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:53:07 GMT
I meant PLAIN tab-separated text.

From: Connell, Chuck [mailto:Chuck.Connell@nuance.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:51 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: RE: Starting with Hive - writing custom SerDe

You might save yourself a lot of work by pre-processing the data, before putting it into Hive.
A Python script should be able to find all the fields, and change the data to plan tab-separated
text. This will load directly into Hive, and removes the need to write a custom SerDe.

Chuck Connell
Nuance R&D Data Team
Burlington, MA