hive-user mailing list archives

From "Connell, Chuck" <>
Subject RE: Setting auxpath in Hue/Beeswax
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:43:28 GMT
I believe there are some free Cloudera discussion boards/lists. Standard Cloudera support is
a paid service.

Chuck Connell
Nuance R&D Data Team
Burlington, MA

From: Sadananda Hegde []
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: Setting auxpath in Hue/Beeswax

Thanks, Edward,  I will contact Cloudera support then.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Edward Capriolo <<>>
You are looking for support in the wrong place. Beeswacks is not a part of hive thus only
the cloudera folks will support it.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Sadananda Hegde <<>>

I have copied jar file into /usr/lib/hive/lib folder on all the nodes. I am able to use it
on Hive CLI with the command

hive --auxpath /usr/lib/hive/lib/<jarfile>

Then I am able to run my Hive SQLs successfully.

But the same queries fail to  run in Hue/Beeswax. It's not finding the jar file.

I tried setting hive.aux.jars.path property in hive-site.xml on all nodes. I have also tried
setting that property in  Beeswax Server Hive Configuration Safety Valve of Cloudera Manager.
But still not able to resolve the issue.

How do I make it work in Hue / Beeswax? Is there a way to set the --auxpath there?

I am running hive 0.7.1 on CDH3U5 ( hue-

Thanks for your help.

Sadu Hegde

View raw message