hive-user mailing list archives

From Praveenkumar Ch <praveenkumar...@tcs.com>
Subject Fw: need help to write a query that does same as BETWEEN operator
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 06:40:19 GMT
Hi I am new to hive and we have a requirement for converting terra-data
queries to hive queries. So i was successful converting them.. so far.....
but now i have a teradata query that has BETWEEN operator in it, i don't
know how to convert using hive equi-joins.. can someone help me??

here is my query:

SELECT *
FROM account a, timezone g
WHERE
a.create_date BETWEEN g.start_date AND g.end_date ;
and any attachments. Thank you