hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <>
Subject Re: Limit to columns or nesting of Hive table?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:57:28 GMT
There is an open jira ticket on this. There is a hard coded limit but
it could be raised with some mostly minor code changes.

One of the bigger problems is that hive stores the definition of a
column in JDBC "column" and for some databases larger nested structs
can case issues.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Connell, Chuck
<> wrote:
> I am trying to create a large Hive table, with many columns and deeply
> nested structs. It is failing with java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
> 10.
> Before I spend a lot of time debugging my table declaration, is there some
> limit here I should know about? Max number of columns? Max depth of struct
> nesting?
> Thanks,
> Chuck

View raw message