hive-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: Hive installation
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:30:04 GMT
Actually I'm getting warmer, I "grepped" in the src folder for the java classes that errors
were referencing and now my classpath is below. If there's a better way, I'd really like to
know.

export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=/usr/local/hbase/hbase-0.94.1.jar:/usr/local/hbase/hbase-0.94.1-tests.jar:/usr/local/hbase/lib/zookeeper-3.4.3.jar
export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=$HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-common-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:$HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-cli-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:$HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-exec-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:$HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-service-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:$HIVE_HOME/lib/jline-0.9.94.jar

Now when I try to start Hive, I think I got hit wit this bug

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HCATALOG-187

because my error is the exact same error as the one in the Jira:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to load Hive builtin functions
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.<init>(SessionState.java:205)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliSessionState.<init>(CliSessionState.java:86)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:635)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:613)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hive.builtins.BuiltinUtils
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.getBuiltinUtilsClass(Utilities.java:2402)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.<init>(SessionState.java:197)
        ... 8 more

I am using the version from trunk. Please advise

Thank you.