hive-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Re: Hive installation
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 02:53:05 GMT
Perhaps it's overkill then but what do people do for high availability of Hive? Install it
on a couple of machines, is it a good idea to install it on a data node or have a Hive node
all to itself?

Thank you for replies.

From: 杰周 <sunwuwuzixu@gmail.com<mailto:sunwuwuzixu@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, October 19, 2012 11:14 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>" <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Hive installation

 installing Hive on one node is OK!

2012/10/20 Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org<mailto:are9004@nyp.org>>
Hello all,

I’m trying to install Hive on a four-node Hadoop cluster and am a bit confused by the instructions
in the wiki. Am I to c? Or is there a distributed installation of Hive that I’m missing?

So far I’ve done everything in the wiki except for configuration, I copied the hive-default
template and used it as is for hive-site.xml. I also copied hive-env default and used it as
hive-env.sh I am getting this error:

[hduser@NYSGBDNNVM01 hive]$ bin/hive
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hive/conf/HiveConf
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf
        ... 3 more

Am I supposed to copy the hive jar into the Hadoop lib folder?

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital