hive-user mailing list archives

From Ajit Kumar Shreevastava <Ajit.Shreevast...@hcl.com>
Subject need helps for hive on cygwin
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 09:04:02 GMT
I need some help on HIVE installation. Here is the scenario.....

I have Apace Hadoop 0.20.2 installed on Cygwin (on Windows 7). Hadoop is working fine through
SSHD on Cygwin. After installing Hadoop, I have installed Hive 0.8.1 following the standard
installation instructions. $HADOOP_HOME and $HIVE_HOME are both exported to PATH.

The problem I am facing is that when I type bin/hive from $HIVE_HOME I get the Hive (hive>)
prompt. But when I type in something (e.g. SHOW TABLES; etc) there is no output. The cursor
simply keeps on blinking.

I have tried some patches (e.g. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-344) but it has
not helped. Can somebody help?

Thanks,

Ajit

Thanks and Regards
Ajit Kumar Shreevastava
ADCOE (App Development Center Of Excellence )
Mobile: 9717775634

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.