hive-user mailing list archives

From MiaoMiao <liy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to overwrite a file inside hive table folder
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 04:12:07 GMT
What do you mean by "a file"? If your HDFS dir contains several file
and you want to overwrite one, then no way you can do it with HiveQL.
You can check out this link and see if it suits you.

https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-dml.html#LanguageManualDML-Writingdataintofilesystemfromqueries

My way of exporting hiveql result as a single is this:
echo "some,column,name">some.file
hive -S -e "select some, column, name from some_table"|sed -e
"s/\t/,/" >> some.file