hive-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Nigam <>
Subject HBase composite key in Hive
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 05:47:17 GMT
I created composite HBase rowkey like this -
So it is a composite key that has binary values of customer id (int),
timestamp (long) and sequence number (long), delimited by "-".

I want to get this value in Hive as a key. I am creating external table. So
the source of data is always HBase.

I tried to get it as String. But it doesn't work. If I get it as int, then
it only fetches customer_id as value of key. I tried using struct mapping
type as specified in this link, but it doesn't work.

Please let me know how can I get this HBase composite key in Hive.

View raw message