hive-user mailing list archives

From John Omernik <>
Subject Segfault in Python script during Transform
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:38:32 GMT
I am running a transform query in hive 0.9.0 and trying to figure out why
my script segfaults while run as part of a hive job but not part when run
by itself.  The library that is freaking out is libcrypto and is being
called by the Python m2crypto module.  That being said, I can run the same
python script, on the same source data, and not in a transform script (on
the same box!) with no issues.   Confusing.  So first of all, any reason
this may be happening?  If no takers there, how do you think we could
trouble shoot this? Run strace on the script as it's being run in transform
seems complicated.  Just looking for ideas.

View raw message