hive-user mailing list archives

From Manish.Bhoge <Manish.Bh...@target.com>
Subject RE: hive server security/authentication
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:48:43 GMT
Hi,

We have been using data from Hive on Tableau. You need to have JDBC connection. I don't remember
the exaction menu in Tableau. But having your metadata in MySQL and having JDBC connection
on top of MySQL will allow you to access the data from Hive. If you have CDH3 then make sure
you don't store your metadata in Derby. We faced issue when Hive was storing metadata in Derby.

Thank You,
Manish.

From: Chalcy Raja [mailto:Chalcy.Raja@careerbuilder.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:26 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: hive server security/authentication

Using hive server with Tableau now and realize that the user comes in as "hive" user.  Also
after reading more in the emails and elsewhere and found that hive server is not thread safe
and does not have way to set up authentication.
How is the connection to hive handled in Tableau, Microstrategy or Pentaho?
Any information is appreciated.
Thanks,
Chalcy