hive-user mailing list archives

From "Connell, Chuck" <Chuck.Conn...@nuance.com>
Subject RE: Hive custom inputfomat error.
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:41:33 GMT
Good tips. Thanks.

Everyone using an extra JAR should keep in mind that there is a difference between the Hive
shell seeing a jar (which allows Hive commands like CREATE TABLE … SERDE to work) and a
generated MR job seeing a jar (allowing the job to run correctly). Some of these settings
affect one, and some the other.

Chuck Connell
Nuance R&D Data Team
Burlington, MA

From: richin.jain@nokia.com [mailto:richin.jain@nokia.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:26 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: RE: Hive custom inputfomat error.

You can always use : ADD JAR <Path-to-your-jar-file> to your HQL file or run this command
on Hive shell.

OR

I found this in a previous thread

Add following property to your hive-site.xml
<property>
<name>hive.aux.jars.path</name>
<value>file:///home/me/my.jar,file:///home/you/your.jar,file:///home/us/our.jar</value<file:///\\home\me\my.jar,file:\home\you\your.jar,file:\home\us\our.jar%3c\value>>
</property>
Hope this helps.

Richin