hive-user mailing list archives

From Sarath <sarathchandra.jos...@algofusiontech.com>
Subject Issue while using hive 0.9
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:54:02 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to hive.

As first step downloaded version 0.9 and upacked it. Set the HIVE_HOME
to the unpacked folder.
I already have hadoop 1.0.3 installed and its configuration is in classpath.

Then issued the hive command and got the hive prompt. After this
whatever I try to execute, results in the below error -
/Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: type
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.HiveLexer.mKW_CREATE(HiveLexer.java:1602)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.HiveLexer.mTokens(HiveLexer.java:6380)
     at org.antlr.runtime.Lexer.nextToken(Lexer.java:89)
     at
org.antlr.runtime.BufferedTokenStream.fetch(BufferedTokenStream.java:133)
     at
org.antlr.runtime.BufferedTokenStream.sync(BufferedTokenStream.java:127)
     at
org.antlr.runtime.CommonTokenStream.setup(CommonTokenStream.java:132)
     at org.antlr.runtime.CommonTokenStream.LT(CommonTokenStream.java:91)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.HiveParser.statement(HiveParser.java:547)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.ParseDriver.parse(ParseDriver.java:438)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:416)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:336)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:909)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLocalCmd(CliDriver.java:258)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:215)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:406)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:689)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:557)
     at
     at
     at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)/

Googled and found several posts with the same issue. Every where it says
that issue is with version of antlr.jar.
But I find that antlr.jar is already with correct version inside hive's
lib directory and I don't think there's any other antlr.jar in my classpath.

1. What is going wrong?
2. Where and what else to be checked?
3. How to resolve and start using Hive?

Please guide me.