hive-user mailing list archives

From "Bejoy KS" <bejoy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to load TAB_SEPRATED file in hive table
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 06:39:53 GMT
Hi Yogesh

Which ever character is the column separator in your input file , you need to provide that
in
FIELDS TERMINATED BY clause.

Also the common storage formats supported by hive includes
- Text File
- Sequence File
- RC File etc

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: yogesh dhari <yogeshdhari@live.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:18:17
To: hive request<user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: RE: how to load TAB_SEPRATED file in hive table

Thanks Ashok :-),

I am not so much aware about regarding storage formats in hive(I am new to hive).

Could you please list some of them except those.

1) space seprated  ------>  FIELDS TERMINATED BY  " ";
2) Control-A seprated  --------> FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\001'
3) Tab septared  ---------->   FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'

Please list some more.