hive-user mailing list archives

From "Joshi, Rekha" <Rekha_Jo...@intuit.com>
Subject Re: ORDER BY does not work with CONCAT operation
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:26:40 GMT
Manisha, when you say concat issue, did you verify the stmt without concat (just any few fields
to test) and that gives ordered data correctly?

i.e., below works? (home with /, this time :-) )
INSERT OVERWRITE LOCAL DIRECTORY /home/manisha/Desktop/logDir/logs/0/Application_Server/2012_07_31
select payload_message ,  payload_logger ,
from_unixtime(payload_logTime,'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS' ))
from LogStats
ORDER BY '_col0';

Anyhow try order by logTime instead of order by '_col0' - am not sure what this _col0 is referring
in your dataset.

Thanks
Rekha

From: Manisha Gayathri <manisha@wso2.com<mailto:manisha@wso2.com>>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:33:00 +0530
To: <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: ORDER BY does not work with CONCAT operation

Hi,

I have a Cassandra Column Family and I need to write some of the data to a file in the local
file system. And the data in the file should be ordered by the payload_logTime.

Below is the code segment I used to write the data to the file. But still the data does not
get Ordered properly.

INSERT OVERWRITE LOCAL DIRECTORY home/manisha/Desktop/logDir/logs/0/Application_Server/2012_07_31
select concat(
'Message[',payload_message,']\t',
'Stacktrace ',payload_stacktrace,'\t',
'Logger{',payload_logger,'}\t',
'Priority[',payload_priority,']\t',
(from_unixtime(payload_logTime,'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS' )),'\n')  from LogStats
ORDER BY '_col0';

Appreciate some assistance on this.
Thanks
--