hive-user mailing list archives

From Petr Babkin <>
Subject What table metadata does Hive store?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:35:50 GMT
I managed to find the _metadata file associated with my table in Hive and I
am trying to make sense of the information it contains. Besides some
straight-forward properties like table name, schema, SerDe classes, there
are some interesting ones like:

about which I have a very little idea and which I would really like to
understand. There seems no Hive metadata description on the Internet, which
is strange and unfortunate. Perhaps some of you know a lot about it.

I attach a formatted metadata file should anyone decide to take a look at

Thank you very much!

Petr Babkin
Ontologist, Revelytix Inc.

View raw message