hive-user mailing list archives

From Bertrand Dechoux <>
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:39:43 GMT
You may want to be clearer. Is your question : how can I change the
serialization strategy of Hive? (If so I let other users answer and I am
also interested in the answer.)

Else the answer is simple. If you want to join data which can not be stored
into memory, you need to serialize them. The only solution is to store the
data in a smarter way which would not require you to do the join. By the
way, how do you know the serialisation is the bottleneck?

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM, sudeep tokala <>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM, sudeep tokala <>wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> How to avoid serialization and deserialization overhead in hive join
>> query ? will this optimize my query performance.
>> Regards
>> sudeep

Bertrand Dechoux

View raw message