hive-user mailing list archives

From <carla.stae...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: (Get the current date -1) in Hive
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 23:26:46 GMT
In the case here it literally is taking the UNIX timestamp, formatting it in yyyy-mm-dd format
and then subtracting the specified integer (in this case 1)

Sent from my Lumia 900
________________________________
From: ext Techy Teck
Sent: 8/6/2012 3:37 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: (Get the current date -1) in Hive

Thanks Carla for the suggestion, I am currently using Hive 0.6 and that Hive version doesn't
supports variable substitution with hiveconf variable, so that is the reason I was looking
for some other alternative-

So you are saying basically, If I add your suggestion in my query like below-

select * from lip_data_quality where dt = 'date_sub(FROM_UNIXTIME(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(),'yyyy-MM-dd')
, 1)';

Then the above query will be interpreted as like below-

select * from lip_data_quality where dt = '2012-08-05';

Am I right? And what does date_sub do here? I am not familiar with that.

Correct me if I am wrong.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM, <carla.staeben@nokia.com<mailto:carla.staeben@nokia.com>>