hive-user mailing list archives

From hadoop hive <hadoo...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Exit Status for Success and Failure in HiveQL queries
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 00:10:08 GMT
Hey Jamal,   You can use bash shell script combined with hive query, in shell script you can
check for exit status. E.g :#!/bin/bashhive -e "show tables;"RET_VAL=$?if [ $RET_VAL -ne 0];
then    exit(1)
-

From: jamalraihan@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:03:14 -0700
Subject: Exit Status for Success and Failure in HiveQL queries
To: user@hive.apache.org

Does the hive command make use of an exit status for success vs. failure?

I am asking this question as I am executing my few HiveQL queries from my Shell Script and
If one HiveQL queries gets failed due to certain reasons, I want to abort my shell script
at that moment only without executing other HiveQL queries.

Raihan Jamal