hive-user mailing list archives

From "Balaraman, Anand" <Anand_Balara...@SYNTELINC.COM>
Subject RE: Special character replaced by '?'
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 10:04:32 GMT
Any comments/information on the below issue is highly appreciable J

From: Balaraman, Anand [mailto:Anand_Balaraman@SYNTELINC.COM]
Sent: 06 August 2012 18:25
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Special character replaced by '?'

Hi

I am facing an issue while viewing special characters (such as é) using Hive.

If I view the file in HDFS (using hadoop fs -cat command), it is displayed correctly as 'é',
but when I select the data using Hive, this character alone gets replaced by a question mark.

Do we have any solution for handling this?

Regards

Anand B

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Syntel, Inc.
which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information
is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original
message and all copies.