hive-user mailing list archives

From "Connell, Chuck" <Chuck.Conn...@nuance.com>
Subject RE: Hive directory permissions
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:57:20 GMT
I have no doubt that works, but surely a Hive user should not need sudo privileges!  I am also
looking for best practices, since we have run into the same.

From: Himanish Kushary [mailto:himanish@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:51 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hive directory permissions

We usually start the shell thru sudo,otherwise we get a "Permission denied" while creating
Hive tables.

But this is a good point, any suggestions/best practices from the user community ?

Thanks
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Connell, Chuck <Chuck.Connell@nuance.com<mailto:Chuck.Connell@nuance.com>>