hive-user mailing list archives

From Mayank Bansal <Mayank.Ban...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject Upper case column names
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:24:58 GMT
Hi,

The column names in hive are by default case insensitive.
I was wondering if there is any way, I could make the column names case sensitive?
I am running a model on a data, the data is now stored in hive, the model has columns referred
in camel case.
It would require a lot of effort to change the code of the model, so I was wondering if I
could change my hive schema or anything.
Would changing the metastore_db help in someway ?

Thanks,
Mayank

________________________________
This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may
be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the message
from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free
from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for
any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.