hive-user mailing list archives

From "Bejoy KS" <>
Subject Re: Unable to merge 3 tables in hive
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 07:11:10 GMT

If you have run simple table level sqoop import the definitely all the tables will be imported
separately to hdfs. If you need the data from 3 tables joined together, frame a proper sql
query and use this query in the sqoop import (sqoop import has a --query option)

If it is like 3 tables have the same structure and you need to just club the data together
into single table in hive.
1) Import data into hdfs separately for 3 tables.
2) Create hive table.
3) Use 3 load data statements without Overwrite option to load the imported data into same
hive table.

Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: iwannaplay games <>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 12:28:05
To: user<>; user<>
Subject: Unable to merge 3 tables in hive

Hi all,

I have 3 tables in Mysql and i want to club the data of 3 tables in 1
table of hive.(create a data warehouse).I created table with all the
columns of 3 tables but i am unable to push data in table of
hive.After running an import statement of sqoop i pulled all the
records in hdfs but At a time only one mysql table's data becomes
visible in hive table

I want to view the full table in hive.can anybody help?
View raw message