hive-user mailing list archives

From Bejoy Ks <bejoy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: decompress the file that has been compressed in LzoCodec format
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 07:05:15 GMT
Hi Techy

Try using hadoop fs -text <full path of file in hdfs>

That should give the output in some readable format.

Regards,
Bejoy KS

________________________________
 From: Techy Teck <comptechgeeky@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2012 7:25 AM
Subject: decompress the file that has been compressed in LzoCodec format

I am using the below command to compress the output in Block Compression and I have created
my table as a SequenceFile

set mapred.output.compress=true;
set mapred.output.compression.type=BLOCK;
set
mapred.output.compression.codec=org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.LzoCodec;

So after the query is done, when I do ls, I see the below file. But when I try to open this
file using hadoop fs -cat, I see some weird characters in that file, but I can also see my
output too. So before viewing this file, I need to decompress it in any format and then I
need to do the cat? If yes, then how should I decompress this file?

/apps/hdmi/ldata/dt=20120709/attempt_201207311206_11141_r_000000_0