hive-user mailing list archives

From shaik ahamed <shaik5...@gmail.com>
Subject unable to see the file
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:09:01 GMT
Hi Users,

Before creating the table i enable the below cmds

*set hive.exec.compress.output=true;
set io.seqfile.compression.type=BLOCK;*

             As i created an external table with the below syntax

              *CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE test_data(vender string,supplier
string,order_date string,quantity int) row format delimited fields
terminated by ' ' stored as textfile *
*LOCATION '/user/hive/warehouse';*

After that loaded data into test_data .

I am not able to see the table in the path(HDFS path) which i given before
creating it ..  '/user/hive/warehouse' and the other table which are
already exists that also im not able to see.

please reply me with the above concern and tell me how i can see the table .

how can see get back the old exiting hdfs files

Regards
shaik