hive-user mailing list archives

From shaik ahamed <shaik5...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cmd for to know the buckets
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:31:00 GMT
Hi Navis,

             Thanks for the reply
As i created a bucket table and loaded the data in to it and i would like
to see the 4 buckets data.

For the below cmd as i can see the details of the bucket ,i cant view the
bucket column data as like in partitions we can see the partition column

i have created 4 buckets out of 10 rows for user_id column

as per ur cmd im getting info like below

*hive> desc formatted user_info_bucketed;
OK
# col_name              data_type               comment*
*user_id                 int                     None
firstname               string                  None
lastname                string                  None*
*# Detailed Table Information
Database:               default
Owner:                  root
CreateTime:             Wed Jul 18 12:51:53 IST 2012
LastAccessTime:         UNKNOWN
Protect Mode:           None
Retention:              0
Location:
hdfs://md-trngpoc1:54310/user/hive/warehouse/user_info_bucketed
Table Type:             MANAGED_TABLE
Table Parameters:
        numFiles                4
        numPartitions           0
        numRows                 0
        rawDataSize             0
        totalSize               177
        transient_lastDdlTime   1342598173*
*# Storage Information
SerDe Library:          org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe
InputFormat:            org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TextInputFormat
OutputFormat:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveIgnoreKeyTextOutputFormat
Compressed:             No
Num Buckets:            4
Bucket Columns:         [user_id]
Sort Columns:           []
Storage Desc Params:
        serialization.format    1
Time taken: 0.045 seconds
*
See if i would like to view the bucket data in the means that 4 buckets i
have created will i be able to see is there any cmd for syntax to to view
that please reply me

Regards
shaik.