hive-user mailing list archives

From "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <kulkarni.swar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Output from HiveQL query
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 18:55:54 GMT
By default, no. They will be displayed onto the console.

Try this to store them in HDFS:

INSERT OVERWRITE DIRECTORY '/tmp/hdfs_out' SELECT * FROM invites a
WHERE a.ds='2008-08-15';

The results of the query will be stored in '/tmp/hdfs_out' directory on HDFS.

I am not sure I understood your question about time limit. Once in
HDFS, it should be upto you to decide till when you want them to be
there right?

--
Swarnim