hive-user mailing list archives

From Raihan Jamal <jamalrai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run simple HiveQL query using shell script?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 06:34:08 GMT
I know by that way I can pipe the output to some txt file, but is there any
way I can do within some sort of shell script so that If I need to schedule
that shell script to run daily at some particular time, then it should work
that way also and also I need to send that txt file as an attachment in an
email.

*Raihan Jamal*

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Vinod Singh <vinod@vinodsingh.com> wrote:

> hive -e  "SELECT count(*) from pds_table" > a.txt
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Raihan Jamal <jamalraihan@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I am new to Unix Shell Scripting world. I wanted to run a simple *HiveQL*query from
the Unix Shell script and output the result in a .txt file and