hive-user mailing list archives

From Techy Teck <>
Subject Both Left and Right Aliases Encountered in Join
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 22:44:36 GMT
I have a join query on which I am joining like this below. And it is
working fine

ON (table1.item = prod.product *AND* table1.buyer = prod.user *AND*
= prod.timestamps)

But when I tried to modify the above same thing.
The thing that is in red color will work or not If I specify like this? As
when I was running my query having joining like this below.

ON (table1.item = prod.product *AND* table1.buyer = prod.user *AND*
- (prod.timestamps)) / 60* 1000 <= 15)*)

I am getting error like this-

*FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Both Left and Right Aliases
Encountered in Join 15*
So I guess there is some problem with number 15 at the end? Or we need to
cast something?

View raw message