hive-user mailing list archives

From <yogesh.kuma...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask MapReduce Jobs Launched:
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:45:19 GMT
Hello Dear Mohammad :-),

Its O.K :-), Nitin & Bejoyed helped me a lot :-).
Yes I am using pseudo distributed mode.

Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar
:-)
From: Mohammad Tariq [dontariq@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:29 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask
MapReduce Jobs Launched:

Hi yogesh,

     Sorry for being unresponsive. Have a tight schedule today. By
looking at your logs, It seems you are running your cluster in pseudo
distributed mode. If that is the case just make sure you have
commented the following line in your /etc/hosts file
127.0.1.1

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar432@gmail.com> wrote:
> if you have a single node cluster, then just configure everything to
> localhost. But if you have two nodes then thats a problem cause in any
> cluster nodes need to talk with each other without authentication on
> network level
>
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM,  <yogesh.kumar13@wipro.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Nitin :-), Thank you very much.
>>
>> Yes my n/w setup with proxy authentication, if I do remove proxy foe HTTP, HTTPS
then it works but the Internet goes down.

>> I set the proxy bypass for machine and it worked. :-)
>>
>> Thanks a Lot
>> Yogesh Kumar
MapReduce Jobs Launched:

>> yogesh,
>> is your network setup with proxy authentication? normally the error
>> which you are getting is, when a node tries to connect to another node
>> but then after some time, the connection needs to be reauthorized.
>>
>> when you do a select * from table, it does not launch a MR, it just
>> does a dfs -cat of the hdfs file
>>
>> you will need to check the cluster health of your hadoop cluster. Also
>> make sure that on all the nodes the default linux security is off
>> (iptables )
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM,  <yogesh.kumar13@wipro.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks Mohammad :-),
>>>
>>> I didn't get regarding which proxy settings Please explain it,
>>>
>>> If i do operations like.
>>> select * from dummysite,
>>> or
>>> select * from dummysite where id=10;
>>>
>>> such command shows proper result and doesn't through any error.
>>>
>>> Please suggest.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Yogesh Kumar

of this message and any attachments.