hive-user mailing list archives

From <yogesh.kuma...@wipro.com>
Subject hive opload shows NULL from hdfs
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:16:52 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to upload files from hdfs to hive table,

file in hdfs are imported by sqoop tool from mysql having table structure

no    name   result  class
---------------------------------
6      vishu   pass    7
7      hana   pass    6

in hdfs it shows there records as

hadoop dfs -cat /try/part/part-m-00003
6,vishu,pass,7
7,hana,pass,6

now I have created table in hive ( using same datatype as were in mysql)

create table parthp (no INT , name STRING , result STRING , class INT )  ;

and used this command to upload data into hive table

hive> load data inpath 'hdfs://localhost:9000/try/part/part-m-00003' into table parthp
;

and it results.

hive> load data inpath 'hdfs://localhost:9000/try/part/part-m-00003' into table parthp
;
OK
Time taken: 0.145 seconds

now if i do

hive> select * from parthp;
it results

hive> select * from parthp;
OK
NULL    NULL    NULL    NULL
NULL    NULL    NULL    NULL
Time taken: 0.056 seconds

why is it showing null, I have used the same data types as were in MySql,

(no INT(11) --> no INT, name VARCHAR(45) ---> name STRING , result VARCHAR(45) ---->
result STRING ,  class INT(11) ---> class INT)

Please suggest and help

Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar

of this message and any attachments.