hive-user mailing list archives

From Sam William <sa...@stumbleupon.com>
Subject Re: Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:01:52 GMT
Wow .. This works thanks..
Sam
On Jun 20, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Mapred Learn wrote:

> Hi Sam,
> Could you try '\001' instead of '\u0001' ?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 20, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Sam William <sampd@stumbleupon.com> wrote:
>

>> Mark,
>>  I did not get any errors, but it seemed like the splitting was happening with u,0,1
 as delimiters.   My temporary fix is to define a table with one field and create a view
split function on top .  I dont want this additional overheard, if I can make the input format
 work with the ctrl char  as the delimiter.

>> Mapred Learn,
>>
>> Yes I did have the word 'external' in   the create table statement.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Sam
>>
>> On Jun 20, 2012, at 6:24 AM, Mark Grover wrote:
>>
>>> Sam,
>>> If you can please post a row or two of your data along with any errors you are
getting, that would be helpful.

>>> Mark

delimiter is a control character specifically '\u0001' . How can I create an external table
in hive for this data ?

>>> For instance .
>>>

>>> create table ... blah .blah ...
>>> row format delimited fields terminated by '\u0001' stored as textfile location
'/tmp/myloc';

>>> did not work .
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Sam William