hive-user mailing list archives

From Jasper Knulst <jasper.knu...@incentro.com>
Subject Re: Making UDFs "permanent"
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 05:27:58 GMT
Hi Denny,

I asked the same question a few days ago and got this reference to another
question:

"If you want to make your temporary function permanent , you have to patch
hive source code. Please refer to this discussion
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-user/201101.mbox/%3CAANLkTimbx1rSkKWqi1pnnhrjkgc9cjuRuN_BE8YOYOks@mail.gmail.com%3E
"

So you are right, the only way seems to be to rebuild hive-exec-* yourself.

I solved the issue temporarily by invoking a hive script ( with hive -i
'/path/to/hive-init.sql')  command that does the repetitive commands for
me. When you create a nix alias (alias hive='hive -i
"/path/to/hive_init.sql" ') for it it works fine for me.

Jasper