hive-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive mapper creation
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:59:13 GMT
Hello Nitin, Bejoy,

        Thanks a lot for the quick response. Could you please tell me
what is the default criterion of split creation??How the splits for a
Hive query are created??(Pardon my ignorance).

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Bejoy KS <bejoy_ks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Mohammed
>
> Internally In hive the processing is done using MapReduce. So like in mapreduce the splits
are calculated on job submission and a mapper is assigned per split. So a mapper ideally process
a split and not a row.