hive-user mailing list archives

From Babak Bastan <babak...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem while installing Hive on ubuntu
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 13:19:57 GMT
Hello experts

since 2 days ago I tried to  install Hive on my ubuntu but no success( I'm
new in both hive and ubuntu)
I read this Artikel and I do all of the steps without problem,only in step
2 I changed my ".bashrc" file and add

*export HADOOP_HOME=/path_of_your_hadoop_folder*

to this file.

If I run this command in the root:

*echo $PATH*

the resual is:

*/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/src/hive/build/dist/bin/:/usr/src/hive/build/dist/lib/:/usr/local/hadoop/bin*

and then if I wirte this command ,I cant run hiveserver to use hive
*hive --service hiveserver*
*
*
what should I do? could you please help me?