hive-user mailing list archives

From phil young <phil.wills.yo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making UDFs "permanent"
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:34:47 GMT
If you trace the source code, you'll find it's not too hard to change to
let a user specify a UDF. But, that's changing the code...

Ed Capriolo posted a more useful response a while back, on the general Hive
mailing list:
"You have the option now to run HQL by creating a hiverc file
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1414."

-Phil