hive-user mailing list archives

From Ruben de Vries <ruben.devr...@hyves.nl>
Subject RE: loading data in an array within a map
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:04:12 GMT
Sorry, can't help you with your specific problem, but incase you're really stuck;
I used the JSON serde (https://github.com/rcongiu/Hive-JSON-Serde this one is better then
the default one) and it converts nested arrays into maps perfectly.

From: Bhaskar, Snehalata [mailto:Snehalata_Bhaskar@Syntelinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:50 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: loading data in an array within a map

Hi all,

I have created a table which has array within a map. I am using following query.

hive> create table user_profiles
        > (
        > userid string,
        > friends array<string>,
        > properties map<string, array<string>>
        > )
        > ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' COLLECTION ITEMS TERMINATED
BY ':' MAP KEYS TERMINATED BY '#' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'
        > LOCATION '/user/sb25634/user_profiles_table';
OK
Time taken: 0.794 seconds

But I am not able to load data properly in the array inside a map. I am facing problem with
the delimiters used in the file used for data loading. Is there any way I can indicate the
delimiters for array elements?
Please help me.

Thanks and regards,
Snehalata Deorukhkar
Nortel No:0229-5814

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Syntel, Inc.
which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information
is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original
message and all copies.