hive-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Cylke <mcl.h...@touk.pl>
Subject TThreadPoolServer$Args - NoSuchMethodError
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:18:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm having problems running current releases of Apache Hive, I get an
error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer.<init>(Lorg/apache/thrift/server/TThreadPoolServer$Args;)V

I search a bit about this kind of problem and it seems I have an older
version of thrift on my classpath, but running

bin/hive -e 'set system:java.class.path'

does not show any incorrect libthrift versions - only 0.7.0.

The hive versions I'm having problems with are 0.9.0 and 0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.

I attach output of bin/hive -e 'set system:java.class.path' to this mail.

Do you have any ideas how I should debug this problem?

Regards
Marcin