hive-user mailing list archives

From "Ladda, Anand" <lan...@microstrategy.com>
Subject Is the USE database command hive server-wide or session specific
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:57:46 GMT
I am connecting to Hive through a client tool via Hive Server. The client tool tries to set
a database context by running the USE [database] command when it makes a connection. However,
when I create another session from the client and not specify any database context (i.e, implicitly
connecting to the DEFAULT database) I get an error when trying to query the tables. It appears
as though the previous client connection's USE database command is still in-effect.