hive-user mailing list archives

From drichelson <drichel...@tendrilinc.com>
Subject Executing multiple queries in parallel from the one .hql file
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 00:04:47 GMT
I have multiple statements in a single .hql file that I am calling via an oozie action.
Most of these statements can be executed in parallel (they do not depend on each other).
I already have the parallel execution flag set to true (although I have yet to see multiple
Hive MR jobs running at once)

Hive is running them all sequentially.

Without breaking out each statement into its own Oozie action, I'd like to run most of them
in parallel.. any ideas?

To be clear, I am not looking to increase the number of mappers/reducers for each task, but
to increase the number of map reduce jobs running at once as there are typically free slots
on the cluster not being used.

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.