hive-user mailing list archives

From Bejoy Ks <bejoy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error while Creating Table in Hive
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 17:33:47 GMT
HI Babak

It looks like a hadoop configuration problem for me. Have you configured your 'fs.default.name'
in core-site.xl to point to hdfs:// instead of file:/// ? If not that is likely to be the
issue. Also if you are usinh hdfs for first time there are other steps like formatting namenode
and all to be performed.

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/quickstart.html

Ensure your hadoop installation is fully working before you get on to hive.

Regards
Bejoy KS

________________________________
 From: Babak Bastan <babakbsn@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:43 PM
Subject: Error while Creating Table in Hive

Hello Experts ,

I'm new in Hive .When try to create a test Table in Hive I get an error.I want to run this
command:
CREATE TABLE Test (DateT STRING, Url STRING, Content STRING);
but this error occured:
FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Got exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException
File file:/user/hive/warehouse/test does not exist.)
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
How can I solve this Problem?
Thank you so much