hive-user mailing list archives

From Bejoy Ks <bejoy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Twitter Data analyse with HIVE
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:29:34 GMT
Hi Babak

There isn't anything called hdfs files. Hdfs is just a file system that can store any type
of file. You just need to transfer your file from lfs to hdfs and the following command helps
you out for that

hadoop fs -copyFromLocal <location of file in lfs> <destination location in hdfs>

Regards
Bejoy KS

________________________________
 From: Babak Bastan <babakbsn@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: Twitter Data analyse with HIVE

ok, no difference for me records in a line or not
 2009-06-08 21:49:37 - http://twitter.com/evionblablabla- I think data mining is awesome!
2009-06-08 21:49:37 - http://twitter.com/bliblibli -  I don’t think so. I don’t like
data mining

How can I do that.I think that I should change my text file to hdfs file,correct? how can
I do this one?
Sorry I'm very new in this field :(

If you get output onto a single line it will be much easier for hive to process.