hive-user mailing list archives

From Mark Grover <mgro...@oanda.com>
Subject Re: Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:24:00 GMT
Sam,
If you can please post a row or two of your data along with any errors you are getting, that
would be helpful.

Mark
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mapred Learn" <mapred.learn@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org
Cc: user@hive.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:34:22 PM
Subject: Re: Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter

Did you add the word external in create table I.e.

Create external table(...blah...blah...)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2012, at 4:15 PM, Sam William < sampd@stumbleupon.com > wrote:

Hi,
I have a data file that is exactly equivalent to a CSV , except that the field delimiter is
a control character specifically '\u0001' . How can I create an external table in hive for
this data ?

For instance .

create table ... blah .blah ...
row format delimited fields terminated by '\u0001' stored as textfile location '/tmp/myloc';

did not work .

Thanks

Sam William
sampd@stumbleupon.com