hive-user mailing list archives

From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject RCFile and UDF
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 21:58:38 GMT
I am new to Hive. Currently I am trying out one of the use cases where we
write xml files into a sequence file. We then read the sequence file and
convert it into more structured row, col format using pig udf. This is
currently being stored as snapp compression.

Now what I want to do is use hive to query data and do self join. But my
problem is that file that I need to query on is in snappy format, HIVE
dserializes the entire row which I am trying to avoid. Is there a way I can
store file in RCFile format when I store using pig?