hive-user mailing list archives

From Bhavesh Shah <bhavesh25s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hive failed execution error return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mapredtask
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 04:43:44 GMT
I perform all this above steps and whenI tried to run in eclipse I got
error.
The error as:

*java.sql.SQLException: Method not supported
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeUpdate(HiveStatement.java:210)
    at TestSP.quarterTable(TestSP.java:598)
    at TestSP.main(TestSP.java:73)
*

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM, shashwat shriparv <
dwivedishashwat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Addition to my last reply ,,, come out from hive cli.. when you are going
> to run your jdbc code. and dont try to connect using cli when your jdbc
> code is running....
>
> Cheers
> Shashwat.
>

> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM, shashwat shriparv <
> dwivedishashwat@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For this error : "
>> *java.sql.SQLException: Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED:
>> Execution Error, return code 2 from
>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask
>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuer* "
>>
>> Go to this link :
>> http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/UsingEMR_Hive.html
>>

>> and add
>>
>> hadoop-0.20-core.jar
>> hive/lib/hive-exec-0.7.1.jar
>> hive/lib/hive-jdbc-0.7.1.jar
>> hive/lib/hive-metastore-0.7.1.jar
>> hive/lib/hive-service-0.7.1.jar
>> hive/lib/libfb303.jar
>> lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
>> slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
>> slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar
>>

>> to the class path of your project , add this jars from the lib of hadoop
>> and hive, and try the code. and also add the path of hadoop, hive, and
>> hbase(if your are using) lib folder path to the project class path, like
>> you have added the jars.
>>
>> and for the second error you got
>>
>> type
>>
>> netstat -nl | grep 10000
>>
>> if it shows something means hive server is already running. the second
>> error comes only when the port you are specifying is already acquired by
>> some other proces, by default server port is 10000 so very with the above
>> netstat command which i said.
>>
>> Note : suppose you have connected using code exit from ... bin/hive    of
>> if you are connected through bin/hive > then code will not connect because
>> i think (not sure) only one client can connect to the hive server.
>>
>> do above steps hopefully will solve your problem.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> ∞
>> Shashwat Shriparv
>>

>> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Mark Grover <mgrover@oanda.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bhavesh,
>>> You will have to check your Jobtracker logs for more details. If you are
>>> using AWS, they should be in your S3 logs directory under
>>> <job_flow_id>/daemons/<master_node_id>/hadoop-hadoop-jobtracker...log
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>
>>> Mark Grover, Business Intelligence Analyst
>>> OANDA Corporation
>>>
>>> www: oanda.com www: fxtrade.com

>>> org.apache.thrift.transport.TServerSocket.<init>(TServerSocket.java:99)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.thrift.transport.TServerSocket.<init>(TServerSocket.java:80)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.thrift.transport.TServerSocket.<init>(TServerSocket.java:73)
>>> at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer.main(HiveServer.java:384)
>>> at
>>> at

--
Regards,